Privacy & Security
The privacy and security of patient data is core to the mission of IHDE, in fact, IHDE and all our participant organizations are bound by both law and ethics to keep your electronic health records secure.
Here is what we do to protect your electronic health records:
- We use advanced technology with sophisticated security features. Only authorized health care professionals with a secure login can access your health information—it isn’t just available on the Internet.
- Your health information is fully encrypted when transmitted from one care provider to another.
- Our role-based access technology ensures that only doctors directly involved in delivering care to you can access your information.
- We have a patient consent policy. You determine what information is shared through your Idaho Health Information Exchange. Healthcare professionals receive information only if they are authorized by you or your doctor.
- We monitor access to your electronic health records and keep a log of every time anyone accesses your information. Under federal law, you have the right to receive a list of instances where your health information was accessed and for what purposes.