IHDE Privacy and Security Safeguard Policies Acknowledgment of Training and Compliance
I understand and acknowledge that: (read each item).
- It is my legal and ethical responsibility as an authorized user of the Idaho Health Data Exchange (IHDE) to preserve and protect the privacy, confidentiality and security of all confidential information relating to patient health information (PHI), in accordance with applicable laws and IHDE policies.
- I will access and use PHI only in the performance of my duties. When accessing confidential information, I will use only the minimum information necessary to provide treatment and coordination of care.
- I understand that my access to the Idaho Health Data Exchange is subject to audit in accordance with the IHDE’s policies.
- I understand that the security of my username and password is my responsibility. I am personally responsible for any use of my login information. To this end, I agree not to share my username and password with any other person. If I believe someone else has used my login, I will immediately report the use to my designated IHDE Security Administrator and set a new password.
- It is my responsibility to follow safe computing guidelines. I agree to always lock my computer when leaving it unattended.
- I agree to immediately report any suspicion of unauthorized use of the IHDE to my designated IHDE Security Administrator.
- Under state and federal laws and regulations governing their patients rights to privacy, unlawful or unauthorized access to, or use or disclosure of, patients’ confidential information they subject me to disciplinary action up to and including immediate termination of my employment, termination of my access to the Idaho Health Data Exchange, civil fines for which I will be personally responsible; and criminal sanctions.
- I have read, understand and acknowledge all of the above. I acknowledge that I have received the IHDE Privacy and Security Safeguards training. I have viewed the VHR Only Online Training, and any questions I had have been answered to my satisfaction. I agree to abide by the laws governing security of PHI and the policies of the Idaho Health Data Exchange. Upon receipt of this acknowledgment, Theresa Fleming will email you your IHDE access information. For any questions, please contact Theresa at (208) 334-6671 or email her at email@example.com.